THE DELAWARE RUN FEST IS ON!
We have received confirmation that our permit for the Delaware Running Festival has been approved for June 12 & 13! We are so excited to be able to offer a live race this year and we cannot wait to host you once again!
MAY 15 UPDATE: With the CDC’s announcement that those fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks or socially distance, we are hopeful that we can update our mitigation policies on masks, spectators and post-race gathering. We are currently checking with the local health officials to see what this recommended guideline means for our event. We will report back as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, please consider registering if you have not already. And please get vaccinated so that we can all resume racing!
Our permit requires certain COVID mitigation steps. More details will be provided in the Runner Handbook to be released at a later date but in general, runners will be required to:
- Wear a mask and remain socially distanced in all gathering areas such as at packet pickup, before crossing the start line or after crossing the finish line.
- The marathon, half-marathon and team relay race start time has been moved to 6:30am to allow for our wave start. Individual start times will be based on the number of participants and their pace. These will be released race week. Our plan is to get as many runners across the line as quickly as possible while keeping within our permitted levels.
- The 5K and kids fun run will take place on Saturday evening. We are awaiting final approval of our start time but have targeted 5pm in our proposal. A formal announcement should be expected in the coming days.
- Masks ARE NOT required to be worn on the course. We do ask that you carry one and use them at the water refill stations and if you encounter a large group of runners for an extended period. (Passing a group without a mask is fine.)
- Runners will carry their own water bottle during the race. We will offer refill stations (water only) along the route with touchless spouts.
- Dogfish Head Brewery will be on site and will provide each finisher with one cold beer to celebrate your accomplishment. (Must be 21 or over and show your ID).
- Spectators are currently not permitted on the Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park premises. However, there are 26 miles on the route where fans can socially distance and cheer their loved ones. We are hopeful that this policy can be updated prior to race day.
In addition, the following policies will be implemented:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be strategically placed in and around the event facilities.
- Bottled water and bottled Gatorade along with limited pre-packaged snacks will be distributed post-race.
- Limited post-race festivities with no awards ceremony or live band.
Stay tuned for more specific details on procedures and policies. If you have questions or concerns, please contact [email protected] We will release more specific details as we approach race day. If you need to make changes to your registration, you can learn more HERE.
Rest assured that Corrigan Sports will conduct an enjoyable, safe and entertaining race experience based within the limits that are required by the city. We are so excited to be hosting live races again!