CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
The Delaware Marathon™
Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park, Wilmington, DE
Sunday, August 2, 2020 – Now Virtual!
OPTION 1: Run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We will focus our efforts on our rescheduled race date of August 2 to create a bigger sense of community.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and race medal prior to August 2nd (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 DRF race entries and merchandise.
- All entrants will be switched to VIRTUAL PARTICIPANT by default (unless you choose option 2 below to defer)
- We will send follow up emails to virtual participants to make sure we have your correct premium size and mailing address prior to shipping your packet
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED BY JULY 7)
- If you choose not to run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival, you can defer your entry to the Delaware Running Festival in 2021 or 2022.
- You must make your deferment decision by July 7. There is no charge to defer.
- Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums or medal
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignup and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Delaware Running Festival Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
Registrants must be 16 years of age and be able to complete the full 26.2 mile course in under 6 hours (13:44 min/mile pace).
The marathon field will be capped at 1,000 runners, with a total of 3,000 runners in all events; although the Race Director reserves the right to change the size of the marathon field.
Online registration for the Delaware Marathon™ will close close July 31, 2020 at 11:59pm or earlier if the field is filled. In-Person Registration will be available at the expo if space remains. Please register early as we have sold out in the past.
Once you have registered, please take the time to confirm the accuracy of the information. You may be able to look up and edit your information HERE.
NO FAXED OR EMAILED ENTRIES | NO REFUNDS | NO RACE TRANSFERS
2020 Marathon Course
The route for the 2020 Marathon will change slightly based on recent requests by the police and Riverfront Wilmington. The route will continue to include much of the significant route updates that occurred in 2019, with a few minor adjustments.
The marathon course will continue to run through some of the most scenic parts of downtown Wilmington and the routes unify the full, half and team relay courses so everyone uses the same routes for the first 13 miles. The 2nd half of the full marathon course will continue to run along the recently completed Jack Markell Trail to New Castle Elementary School and back. The trail offers some amazing scenery and will be stocked with 3 water stops and port-a-pots where access permits.
The course will consist of 14 water stops including 2 that you will pass in each in each direction on the Markell Trail and one at the turnaround at New Castle Elementary School. Due to limited access points on the trail, we will offer full bottles of water at the stop at Mile 14.5, just at the mouth of the trail entrance. This will allow marathon runners to carry a full bottle to supplement their hydration while on the trail. Feel free to bring your own hydration system (such as a camelbak) if you prefer or to refill your bottle at the other water stations along the trail.
Each water station will also offer port-a-pots for runner use. On the trail, where you will pass them in each direction we will offer additional units to alleviate congestion.
We will provide complementary HUMA Gel, the official race gel of the Delaware Running Festival at one location on the marathon course. TRY ‘EM BEFORE RACE DAY. FREE SAMPLE PACK.
2020 Race Premiums
We are excited to announce that all race premiums for the 2020 Delaware Marathon Running Festival will once again be performance race shirts provided by Under Armour.
SHIRTS ARE GENDER SPECIFIC
- UA Tech™ fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft & has a more natural feel
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Anti-odor technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes
- Updated set-in sleeves
Center front logo
- Loose fit
Each marathon finisher will earn a medal to commemorate their successful completion of the race.
CHECK OUT THE 2020 MEDAL!
The Delaware Running Festival will mint its own Inspiration Coin and embed it as part of your finisher medal. The medal design will allow the finishers to remove the magnetic coin to share with a special someone who inspired their participation, while still having their own medal to keep. [READ MORE]
Overall Winners: Trophies will be awarded to the overall male and female champions as well as to the and the second and third place finishers.
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at the main stage in the center of Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park at 12:00pm. Only the overall winners from the full marathon, half marathon, team relay, Dare Devil, and 5k will be awarded at the ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed.
Age Groups: Prizes go to the top three non-elite male and female age group finishers for the marathon in each of the following divisions: 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35- 39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70+
Age group awards will be mailed within a month after the event after finishing times have been verified.
NO DUPLICATION OF AWARDS
Results & History
See past results HERE.
Read about the extensive event history HERE.