The Delaware Half-Marathon™
Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park, Wilmington, DE
Sunday, August 2, 2020 @ 7:00am- NOW VIRTUAL
OPTION 1: Run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We will focus our efforts on our rescheduled race date of August 2 to create a bigger sense of community.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and race medal prior to August 2nd (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 DRF race entries and merchandise.
- All entrants will be switched to VIRTUAL PARTICIPANT by default (unless you choose option 2 below to defer)
- We will send follow up emails to virtual participants to make sure we have your correct premium size and mailing address prior to shipping your packet
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED BY JULY 7)
- If you choose not to run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival, you can defer your entry to the Delaware Running Festival in 2021 or 2022.
- You must make your deferment decision by July 7. There is no charge to defer.
- Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums or medal
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignup and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Delaware Running Festival Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
Registrants must be 14 years of age and be able to complete the 13.1 mile course in 6 hours
The half-marathon field will be capped at 1500 runners, with a total of 3000 runners in all events; although the Race Director reserves the right to change the size of the half-marathon field.
Online registration will close July 31, 2020 at 11:59pm or earlier if the field is filled. In-Person registration will be available at the expo if space remains. Please register early as we have sold out in the past.
Please take the time to confirm the accuracy of the registration information. You may be able to view and edit your registration information HERE.
NO FAXED OR EMAILED ENTRIES | NO REFUNDS | NO RACE TRANSFERS
2020 Half-Marathon Course
The route for the 2020 Half-Marathon will change slightly based on recent requests by the police. The route will continue to include much of the same scenic parks and streets with a few minor adjustments.
2020 Race Premiums
The 2020 race premiums for the Delaware Running Festival will once again be performance race shirts provided by Under Armour. SHIRTS ARE GENDER SPECIFIC (men’s shown on left and women’s on right in image)
- Updated UA Tech™ fabric has a softer, more natural feel for incredible all-day comfort
- Signature Moisture Transport System wicks sweat so it dries fast
- Lightweight stretch construction improves mobility for full range of motion
- Anti-microbial technology keeps your gear smelling fresher, longer
- Raglan sleeves unlock mobility for serious range of motion
- Center front logo
- Loose fit
Each half-marathon finisher will earn a medal to commemorate their successful completion of the race.
CHECK OUT THE 2020 MEDAL!
The Delaware Running Festival will mint its own Inspiration Coin and embed it as part of your finisher medal. The medal design will allow the finishers to remove the magnetic coin to share with a special someone who inspired their participation, while still having their own medal to keep. [READ MORE]
Overall Winners: Trophies will be awarded to the overall male and female champions as well as to the and the second and third place finishers.
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at the main stage in the center of Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park at 12:00pm. Only the overall winners from the full marathon, half marathon, team relay, Dare Devil, and 5k will be awarded at the ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed.
Age Groups: Prizes go to the top three non-elite male and female age group finishers for the half marathon in each of the following divisions: 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35- 39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70+
Age group awards will be mailed within a month after the event after finishing times have been verified.
NO DUPLICATION OF AWARDS