Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park, Wilmington, DE
Sunday, August 2, 2020 – Now Virtual!
OPTION 1: Run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We will focus our efforts on our rescheduled race date of August 2 to create a bigger sense of community.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their Under Armour shirt and race medal prior to August 2nd (no additional charge; USPS tracking # to be provided)
- Opportunity to upload race times & participate in an online virtual experience that only Corrigan Sports can deliver.
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 DRF race entries and merchandise.
- All entrants will be switched to VIRTUAL PARTICIPANT by default (unless you choose option 2 below to defer)
- We will send follow up emails to virtual participants to make sure we have your correct premium size and mailing address prior to shipping your packet
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED BY JULY 7)
- If you choose not to run the Virtual Delaware Running Festival, you can defer your entry to the Delaware Running Festival in 2021 or 2022.
- You must make your deferment decision by July 7. There is no charge to defer.
- Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums or medal
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignup and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Delaware Running Festival Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
- Here is a tutorial with more information: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062915-defer-registration-claim-deferral
Each member of the team must be at least 16 years of age and, as a team, be able to complete the 26.2 mile course in 6 hours (13:44 min/mile pace).
Relay teams must have 4 members to be eligible for awards.
The team relay marathon field will be capped at 300 teams, with a total of 3,000 runners across all events; although the Race Director reserves the right to change the size of the relay field.
Online registration will close July 31, 2020 at 11:59pm or earlier if the field is filled. In-Person registration will be available at the expo if space remains. Please register early as we have sold out in the past.
The Team Captain may register their team, prepay the combined team entry fee, and return later to complete their team information. Registering early is a great way to ensure your team gets into the Delaware Relay Marathon as this event sells out first.
NOTE: Relay team registration changes can be made online using the MANAGE RELAY TEAM tool online.
| NO FAXED OR EMAILED ENTRIES | NO REFUNDS | NO RACE TRANSFERS |
| FINAL TEAM CATEGORY DECISION TO BE MADE BY RACE DIRECTOR |
The route for the 2020 relay has changed slightly based on recent requests by the police and Riverfront Wilmington. The route will continue to include much of the significant route updates that occurred in 2019, with a few minor adjustments.
The relay course runs the entire marathon course with exchange points along the way. The course continue to run through some of the most scenic parts of downtown Wilmington with everyone using the same routes for the first 13 miles. The 2nd half of the relay will use the newly finished Jack Markell trail. For the relay, one runner will run the trial to New Castle Elementary and one runner will run back from the school to the finish line.
The relay consists of 4 legs. The relay exchanges will occur in several locations along the marathon route. Some runners will be bused to and from their exchange location; Others will start or finish near the Celebration Village and walk less than 1/2 mile to/from their exchange. Each runner will wear their own race bib but all team members will have the same number. A fifth bib will be issued with the timing chip affixed to pass between members at the relay exchange point in order to track the team’s time out on the race route. Timing mats may be located just before or just after the exchange area to provide a time to each leg of the relay.
- Know your teammate’s pace, keep track of the race time, and know when to expect him/her.
- Wear or carry something easily identifiable by the incoming runner at the exchange.
- Assist your fellow runners by shouting all incoming bib numbers.
RELAY EXCHANGE DETAILS
DISTANCE: 6 miles
START: Start Line
FINISH: Rockford Park.
TRANSPORTATION: Start at Start Line; Take Bus Back to Village after running
DISTANCE: 7 miles
START: Rockford Park
FINISH: Orange St.
TRANSPORTATION: Take Bus to Exchange Point; Walk back to Village (0.2 miles) after running
DISTANCE: 7 miles
START: Orange St.
FINISH: New Castle Elem.
TRANSPORTATION: Walk to Exchange Point (0.2 miles); Take Bus Back to Village after running
DISTANCE: 6 miles
START: New Castle Elem.
FINISH: Finish Line.
TRANSPORTATION: Take Bus to Exchange Point; Cross Finish Line after running
WALKING MAP TO RELAY EXCHANGE
Bus Shuttle Times
Legs 2 and 4 will ride a shuttle bus to their exchange point out on the course. (Leg 1 leaves from the start line and Leg 3 leaves from Orange St. which is within walking distance from the Village area.) DO NOT MISS YOUR BUS. ALL BUSES will depart at the designated time. If you miss the bus you will have to make your own arrangements to get to the exchange.
6:45 am – Buses to Leg 2 leaves from the corner of N. Orange St. & E. 2nd St.
8:10 am – Buses to Leg 4 leaves from the corner of N. Orange St. & E. 2nd St.
Buses will return runners of Leg 1 and 3 to the Village once the bus is full. Depending on your speed, you may not return to the village for some time. Please plan accordingly
WALKING MAP TO SHUTTLE STOP
How It Works
Each relay team will be issued four bibs with an identical number and ONE D-Tag and a velco strap. Runners are to pass the velcro strap to their teammates at the exchange points. Runners may carry the velcro band in their hand but DO NOT crush or bend the orange D-Tag as this may damage the timing responder.
The first runner (Leg #1) will start at 7:00am along with the marathon and half-marathon field. The other three team members will need to be at their exchange zone well before the fastest runners pass by, as area roads will close. Bus transportation will be provided to designated exchange points (DETAILS ABOVE).
When approaching the exchange point, signs will designate the location of the upcoming exchange point. Upon entering the exchange area, incoming runners should make sure their bib number is visible. A volunteer will announce the incoming runner’s bib number to the waiting runners and signs will mark the bib number ranges.
Each relay runner will pass the Velcro band to the next relay runner at the relay exchange point. Timing mats may be located after the exchange area.
2020 Team Relay Premiums
We are excited to announce that all race premiums for the 2019 Delaware Marathon Running Festival will once again be performance race shirts provided by Under Armour. SHIRTS ARE GENDER SPECIFIC ( men’s shown on left and women’s on right in image)
- Updated UA Tech™ fabric has a softer, more natural feel for incredible all-day comfort
- Signature Moisture Transport System wicks sweat so it dries fast
- Lightweight stretch construction improves mobility for full range of motion
- Anti-microbial technology keeps your gear smelling fresher, longer
- Raglan sleeves unlock mobility for serious range of motion
- Center front logo
- Loose fit
Each relay member will receive a medal when they finish their leg of the race. Runners completing Legs #1, #2 and #3 will receive their medal in the Exchange Zone. Leg #4 runner will receive theirs at the finish line.
CHECK OUT THE 2020 MEDAL!
The Delaware Running Festival will mint its own Inspiration Coin and embed it as part of your finisher medal. The medal design will allow the finishers to remove the magnetic coin to share with a special someone who inspired their participation, while still having their own medal to keep. [READ MORE]
4-Person Relay Awards
Overall Winners: Trophy (1) to overall winning 4-person teams in the male, female and mixed categories.
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will take place at the main stage in the center of Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park at 12:00pm. Only the overall winners from the full marathon, half marathon, team relay, Dare Devil, and 5k will be awarded at the ceremony.
There will not be age group or second/third place awards presented or mailed for the relay teams.
NO DUPLICATION OF AWARDS