We have been able to update some of our COVID protocols to align with the current state, local and CDC guidelines. The new policies are as follows. Our permitted COVID mitigation protocol requires some safety steps to help protect those not yet vaccinated.
For the safety of our unvaccinated participants, runners should consider:
- Wearing a mask in all gathering areas such as at packet pickup, before crossing the start line or after crossing the finish line.
- Have a mask in their possession while participating in the race and putting it on when running in large groups of unknown runners along the course or while using a refill station.
Runners will be required to:
- Remain socially distanced a minimum of 3 ft apart while waiting with your wave at the start of the race. The wave start will help with social distancing early in the race.
- Carry their own water bottle during the race. We will offer refill stations (water only) along the route with touchless spouts.
In addition, the following policies will be implemented:
- Spectators will be asked to remain socially distanced while they cheer you on and we also ask them to consider wearing a mask when approaching unknown groups of people.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be strategically placed in and around the event facilities.
- We will have limited post-race festivities with no awards ceremony or live band. We ask that you remain socially distanced from unknown groups while you enjoy your two post-race beers and consider wearing a mask while shopping in our merchandise tent.
If you have not already done so, please consider registering for the live Delaware Running Festival!