May 11, 2013 marks the 375th anniversary of the landing of the Swedes at Fort Christina Rocks in Wilmington. In celebration of this Jubilee day, there will be a royal visit by the Swedish and Finnish delegations to Wilmington. Festivities begin at Noon at Dravo Plaza on the Riverfront (about a mile from Tubman Park) and continue throughout the afternoon. At 3:00 Wilmington’s Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel will sail from Dravo Plaza past Tubman Park to Fort Christina. Please help us welcome King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia of Sweden and the other dignitaries as they sail by on the Kalmar Kyckel.
- Link: Home December 5, 2013Stacey Haddock Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Registration for the May 11, 2014 Delaware Marathon Running Festival events is open! Visit www.delawaremarathon.org to register and be sure to check the Running Information and Event Information pages for FAQs about race day!
- Link: Runner breaks Guinness world record for 4th time December 5, 2013Joel Scott Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Larry Macon has broken his Guinness world record for marathons run in a 12 month period for the fourth time. (16 comments)
- Group wall post by Stacey Haddock Schiller December 5, 2013Stacey Haddock Schiller posted a photo on Delaware Marathon's wall: Ops director Joel Scott Schiller sporting a new Saucony top, purchased at Delaware Running Company! Excited to see both represented at this year's DMRF! (4 comments)
- Link: Two Rivers Marathon Race Festival | Fast Finishes December 5, 2013Mark DeNio posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Has anyone done this race? Was thinking of it as one of my 4 next year. The price is certainly right. Only $30 before January 1st and they had several half-marathon finishers at close to 4 hours. I would fit right in! It's not TOO far away, being north of Bethlehem, PA close to the NY line. http […]
- Group wall post by Joel Scott Schiller December 4, 2013Joel Scott Schiller wrote on Delaware Marathon's wall: What do you know about The Marathon Show? (3 comments)