The Get our Youth Moving Marathon is 7-week (50 day) exercise curriculum to elementary schools and youth groups that are interested in influencing the healthy activity patterns of their children. The program is designed for 1st – 5th graders; log books are provided to monitor daily activity and weekly incentives are offered. There is no cost to the kids or schools to participate in GYMM thanks to our friends at Novo Nordisk and Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shields Delaware. Participants accumulate 25 miles of incentives and get to Run 1, 4 Fun! (the final mile of their marathon) on Saturday, May 11; the day before the Delaware Marathon. If your school is interested in our Get our Youth Moving Marathon or if your family would like to run in the Run 1,4 Fun!, please provide us with your contact information and someone from our organization will contact you. Last year, over 2000 children participated in GYMM and over 450 children came out to Run 1,4 Fun!
- Link: St. Jude Heroes December 9, 2013Joel Scott Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: So sad, from your friends in Delaware (1 comment)
- Link: Great Harvest Bread Company Wayne December 7, 2013Joel Scott Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Another wonderful Delaware Marathon supporter! They do our pre-race breakfast service. Yummy! (5 comments) […]
- Group wall post by Joel Scott Schiller December 7, 2013Joel Scott Schiller wrote on Delaware Marathon's wall: Good thing too, as slow as I am!!
- Link: Runner breaks Guinness world record for 4th time December 7, 2013Joel Scott Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Larry Macon has broken his Guinness world record for marathons run in a 12 month period for the fourth time. (24 comments)
- Link: Sunday's Dallas Marathon canceled due to icy conditions December 7, 2013Stacey Haddock Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Yipes! Probably the right decision, but a costly one to all involved. (7 comments)