The Get our Youth Moving Marathon is 7-week (50 day) exercise curriculum to elementary schools and youth groups that are interested in influencing the healthy activity patterns of their children. The program is designed for 1st – 5th graders; log books are provided to monitor daily activity and weekly incentives are offered. There is no cost to the kids or schools to participate in GYMM thanks to our friends at Novo Nordisk and Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shields Delaware. Participants accumulate 25 miles of incentives and get to Run 1, 4 Fun! (the final mile of their marathon) on Saturday, May 11; the day before the Delaware Marathon. If your school is interested in our Get our Youth Moving Marathon or if your family would like to run in the Run 1,4 Fun!, please provide us with your contact information and someone from our organization will contact you. Last year, over 2000 children participated in GYMM and over 450 children came out to Run 1,4 Fun!
- Link: Runner breaks Guinness world record for 4th time December 4, 2013Joel Scott Schiller posted a link to Delaware Marathon's wall: Larry Macon has broken his Guinness world record for marathons run in a 12 month period for the fourth time. (1 comment)
- Group wall post by Joel Scott Schiller December 4, 2013Joel Scott Schiller wrote on Delaware Marathon's wall: What do you know about The Marathon Show? (3 comments)
- Photo: Cover Photos December 4, 2013Howard L Keener Jr. posted a photo on Delaware Marathon's wall: Sharing (3 comments)
- Group wall post by Stephanie Clark December 2, 2013Stephanie Clark wrote on Delaware Marathon's wall: Yay just registered for 2014 -- so excited that my favorite race will be the big 50th marathon! :) woo hoo!! (And in nice representation rehoboth next weekend will be marathon 45! Guess this is why someone came up to me at the NJ marathon this yr and said "I see you at races a lot - you live in Del […]
- Group wall post by Joel Scott Schiller December 2, 2013Joel Scott Schiller wrote on Delaware Marathon's wall: November 30 participant updates to be posted soon. So far, so good!! Mara 74 vs 67 last year Half 106 vs 76 last year Relay 7 teams vs 6 teams last year No 8’s yet = last year […]